Thousands of Australian girls are “missing” as a result of sex-selective abortions.
Parents in ethnic communities that prize boys are choosing to abort their unborn girls – and now there’s pressure to change the rules to allow for IVF sex-selection too.
Australia is better than this – babies shouldn’t be aborted just because they’re the “wrong sex”.
All abortion is harmful to women and children, but aborting a child on the basis of sex should be something we can all agree is wrong.
You can use the pre-written message in the email or write your own using key points like these to tell the Health Minister:
- You can protect girls from this hidden violence.
- You can help stop tax dollars meant for healthcare being spent on “wrong sex” abortions.
- All Australian girls must be protected by prohibiting sex-selective abortions and stopping the Medicare funding of this discriminatory practice.
So, using the form below, please write your urgent message directly to Health Minister Mark Butler – it will only take a few minutes for you to protect more girls even more.
Things you need to know:
- The salutation at the start and your name at the end will both be added automatically. Please don't add these to the letter below, e.g., please do not address the email “Dear Health Minister Mark Butler”.
- When you complete your name and address in the box below, your email will be directed to Health Minister Mark Butler.
- You’ll see the email pre-populated with information, which will help you kickstart your email.
- Be concise and respectful.
Thank you for standing up to protect girls by supporting the ban on Medicare funding of sex-selective abortions.